Monday, April 16, 2012

Yeah...I've been gone...but I'm back now....

Holy guacamole, where have I been?  Shortly after my last post my laptop suddenly decided to become air born.  It realized, almost immediately, that it can't fly and smashed itself onto the kitchen floor, where it laid with little pieces of its innards scattered around it.  It was so sad, really.... I cried.  I loved my laptop.

 With school starting for me in a few days we had to find a replacement.  We did so and I am the proud owner of a new (back in January) laptop.  So why haven't I been posting?  Why didn't I recap the trip to Kalahari and The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?  Well, dear reader, I'll tell you... it's because I've been so darned busy!

As I mentioned, school started.  I was taking 2 classes - Stress Management and English Composition while also working full time, midnights.  On top of that baseball season started for Andrew, so did the twice a week practices - in addition to his weekly guitar lessons and Cub Scouts!  In mid-March, a third class began - Sociology.  It's an accelerated class.  7 1/2 weeks but we meet twice a week (with homework twice a week, too).  I'm never going to do this to myself again.  It's too much!  I've been attempting to employ techniques I'm learning in Stress Management...

Tomorrow night is my last night working at the "Lodge".  I found a new job that pays better but is an hour away but offers me 12 hour shifts (still on mids, tho) so I only have to work 3 days a week.  I'm hoping this will make my life a bit easier, or at the very least, give me some time to continue to clean up around here...

Let's see....what else to report....

Last month we thought we'd found a new place to live, but, alas, it was not meant to be and we are left where we currently are.  Oh well...

I'll recap Kalahari/R&RHoF in my next post.  I just wanted to check back in and reassure those who do actually read this, I am still alive....

No comments: