Here are some highlights from the past couple years...
- The same day as the last post (1/8/09) on my way to take Jamie to his doctor appointment we were involved in a minor car accident. The person who caused it was an older man who seemed really confused when we finally caught up with him. I'm not sure what came of things because after I told my story to the responding officer he let us leave and he was still dealing with the accident-causer when we left.
- Later in the month Andrew performed in his school's talent show and rocked the house, again! This time he played and sang "Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)" by Pink Floyd.
- In February Jason had his birthday. :) I think I also completed my nurse assistant training.
- In April Andrew turned 7 and my dad turned 63. :)
- In May I took my state certification test for my CNA license and passed!
- At some point in the summer months I was involved in another minor car accident. A man changed lanes and ran into my Jeep while we were in a multi-lane roundabout.
- In August my mom turned 63 and my sister turned 30. :)
- In September my brother turned 29. :)
- At some point in the fall I was involved in yet another minor car accident (what a year, right?!). This time a woman turned in front of me, there was no avoiding her. :( I began to think that my Jeep was an accident magnet...
- In November I turned 32 and Jamie turned 14. :)
- Andrew performed in the talent show again this year. He played and sang "Ring of Fire" as done by Social Distortion (they covered Johnny Cash). He was again, incredible!
- We went to a place called Kalahari. It was the most amazing place I've ever been. We had a fantastic time.
See for yourself:
|Upon our arrival, we met with the Kalahari mascot...|
|..and a some beautiful women, who happened to also be current and former beauty contest winners! The lovely lady on the right is former Miss America Jackie Mayer.|
|Including, the lovely, "Miss Ohio". Not too bad a start, eh?|
|Just outside of the water park is a kids' play area with this tree that shoots balls.|
|This would be the water park! |
You can't really tell how big and fantastic it is because the sunlight from the skylights has washed out the back half of the park. Off to the right you can see the children's area....
|...it has a big water dumping bucket...|
|...that Andrew LOVED!|
|This is one of the two water slides in the children's area.|
|Across from, and to the left of the children's area is a deeper pool where you can play basketball (it's on the left in this photo). Or you can visit the wave pool (in the center on the other side of the bridge in this photo)|
|This is FlowRider. You can stand and surf...|
|...or lay down and body board. GO ANDREW!!|
|Staff is friendly and helpful. Now it's Jamie's turn.|
|When you're done playing in the water, you can play putt-putt.|
|Andrew ponders the next hole...|
|At the end of the day, eat at The Reserve. Their food is fantastic!|
|As our trip came to an end, Jason and Andrew rested by a wooden statue.|