Sunday, August 31, 2014

Meh...again...

I knew I'd written a post not long ago about depression and I just looked it up, it was back in November.  Now that I'm thinking about it, November is getting close to a year ago...  But, the reason I looked up the depression post is because I was trying to figure out if I'd been getting depressed a lot lately (apparently over the last year...).  I know I have been in the last month or so and I'm not sure why it's happening now...

Here's what I know, I'm not happy:

  • at my job
  • with where I live
  • with life choices I've made
  • with the career path I'm attempting to carve out for myself in school (maybe, I'm not sure about this yet)
  • that I'm in my late 30s and in school
And, let's be real here, sometimes I'm not happy in my marriage or with my kids or my cat...  I'm sure the list of things I'm not happy with goes on, but I can't think of anything else at the moment.

The "I'm not happy" list isn't something new so I can't see how it's contributing to my depression-of-late. Maybe it's finally all hitting home at once and it's all been carried around and built up for so long that I'm finally starting to break under it's weight.

No comments: